Audrey van Ryn
I work regularly for Merrill Legal Solutions (now a DTI company - Document Technologies, Inc.) and on an as-needed basis for Freestyle Event Photography.
From 2004 I have also been working freelance in the areas of editing, proof-reading and technical writing. In February 2015 I registered with the freelancing sites Freelancer and Elance, which is where I source most of my current editing work.
• BA English, Auckland University, 1978
• Dip Tching, Auckland College of Education, 1981
• Certificate in Technical Writing, Unitec, 1999
• Teacher of English at secondary school level - Auckland (4 years)
• Teacher of English as a Second Language - Auckland (2 years)
• Copy-editor for Elsevier Science Publishers - Amsterdam (2 years)
• Proof-reader for Market Pulse - Auckland (2 years)
• Proof-reader and transcriber for Merrill Legal Solutions (since 2000)
• Writer and copy-editor for Freestyle - Auckland (since 1989)
• Editor of Tall Poppies: magazine of the NZ Association for Gifted Children (3 years)
• Editor of UNANZ News newsletter of the United Nations Association of NZ (2 years)
• Editor of CBD Community E-News (since September 2008)